Friday, July 31, 2009

Adjusting

Today's itinerary: Sleeping in!

Well, I am sure that you noticed that upon my arrival yesterday, I did not post my blog. I was way too tired and way too excited to see family that I haven't seen in several years! We caught right up, watched the devastating happenings of Ade getting kicked off So You Think You Can Dance, and I went to sleep.

Let me catch you up on my last day of travel. I woke up in Las Vegas and stayed in bed for another hour. Living the good life! Before leaving the hotel, I hopped online and changed my address from New York to my new address in San Diego! I am looking forward to getting my first pieces of mail! Not as much as I am looking forward to having my future husband home!! Before falling asleep in Vegas, that sweet boy called me from Hawaii!! Hooray! They passed their inspection, which pretty much means that the deployment is technically over. They get to have some liberty in Pearl Harbor, so I hope he is enjoying that! I am sure he is! I can't believe that he is actually only hours away from me!

Photobucket
Driving by the strip on my way out of town.

Photobucket
Does anyone else feel concerned that the left lane is ending when only one lane is open in the first place? I am! It was true, too, we were driving way over on the sholder! Yikes.

Photobucket

The wonderful reason that I posted this picture is because I was sitting getting some lunch and listening to all the people chatting in the restaurant. I love getting into other people's worlds. My favorite conversation was between a mom and a daughter that were headed to Vegas. The daughter was in her fifties, so I imagine the mother was in her seventies. They had the same shirt on and Harley bandanas. As I was listening to a story about how the mom dropped a key and it melted onto her tailpipe, I realized that these two were not in cars! I looked out the window to see these two motorcycles!! How great is that? That is a kind of mother-daughter bonding you don't see every day!

Photobucket
What street is that?

Photobucket
The journey continued to be beautiful!

Photobucket
We live in an amazing place! I think that some people miss out on this!

Photobucket

Photobucket
This was THE steepest road ever! I had a few moments where I didn't think that I was going to make it for a while. I was praying that the trailer wouldn't fall off!

When I got to Tustin it was so exciting to see neighborhoods and locals. I can't believe that this is where I am going to live. It really feels like a vacation! I can't wait to have the love of my life here to share all this with me!

Photobucket
Uncle Rick's old neighborhood (where I am staying right now). He just got a brand new house! Soo exciting!

After getting some sleep and trying to sleep in this morning (time differences, bleh) we got up and I got some prep done for tomorrow and we headed over to Uncle Rick's new place!

Photobucket
Uncle Rick and his new home! Woohoo!

Photobucket
Awesome!

Photobucket
This was a bonus feature! Gotta love that!!

Photobucket
And a lawn mower?! (That thing is old school)

The tour of the new house was pretty great! I already told Uncle Rick that he should feel free to go on vacation because I would be happy to house-sit for him. I would even use the pool to make sure that it was fully taken care of :-) I am so excited for them. It is going to be amazing when they get all the painting finished and move it! James and I will surely be back!

Today is my very last day being homeless. I can't believe that tomorrow I am going to pick up the keys for James and my very first apartment together! It is surreal! After getting to talk to James for a while last night, I am anticipating his return more and more! I am exhausted after this deployment and I am ready to just be us: together!

Judging by Kasey's latest blog, she is settling in very well! You should go check out her blog to see her new home! It looks great! She is going to rock it in Sacramento! I can't wait to hear from her Monday to see what her new job is like!

I guess that is it for now. If I can get some internet, I will be posting again tomorrow with the details of mine and James' new place. James Robert, please be safe, enjoy a little more Hawaii, and hurry your butt home, I love you!

always,
Jamie

1 comment:

  1. wow , just wow !!!!!!!!!! what a trip .... and to think it's only the beginning of a long and eventful journey !!!!!!

    ReplyDelete