Sunday, August 2, 2009

Our First Home!

I can't believe that I live in California now! I think that it hits me more and more each minute. I never thought that I would spend any extended amount of time in California let alone live here! But... you never know what life may send your way. Yesterday morning Uncle Rick and I went out to breakfast and then I headed down to San Diego. The drive is pretty easy, but the traffic adds on some time. There was one point when I was driving where there were eight lanes of traffic... on MY side of the highway!!! Sixteen across plus exit ramps! It was the most insane thing I have ever seen on the road! I got there smoothly looking around as I was pulling through town. Wanita told me that I was two minutes from the apartment when I looked up and low and behold: a Chick-Fil-A! Practically walking distance right next to the Sports Arena. I was pumped about that.

As I got to the complex, I started to get nervous because there was no place at all for me to park with the trailer. I called the office and no one answered... twice! I took a spin around the block and called again. Christina (who is really great and has helped me all along) told me to pull in behind the Scion in the driveway. I have to say that I was comforted by the sight of my old car! As I pulled up, the Scion was leaving and I had the driveway to myself. We started with a look at the apartment. I was a little nervous heading in, but it is perfect! I love it. It isn't very big, but there is plenty of space for James and me and the things that are there are brand new and beautiful! I sat through about an hour of lease information and finally got the key! Now for the hard part. Moving in took me over three hours on my own and a lot of sweat. Thankfully, there was an elevator that eased some of the difficulty. I got rid of the trailer (thank goodness) and ate some Chick-Fil-A before grabbing the last few things out of the car and then headed up to enjoy the new place. I actually found myself really sad and lonely. I am ready for James to be a part of this. Now, not only am I without him, but I am miles and hours away from most of my family and friends, too! It is really hard. I am ready for him to get home. The good news is that I already have lined up the first group of visitors! Melissa and SK are coming for the homecoming (don't tell James, it's a surprise)!! I am so glad that I will have the support there. I am already getting sick to my stomach with nerves, excitement, anticipation, and so on. I asked Melissa if she could be there (for me and since she and James were friends first) and SK jumped on board, too, excited to celebrate her 25th birthday in California! Then, in a couple more weeks, my sister is coming out to visit! We wouldn't have the apartment without her, so I am especially excited to share it with her. Also, I think that there is a visit from my parents in the works (I hope so!). Everyone is excited to have James home and they already miss me, too, I think! There will be many visits to come in the next couple months, I hope. We need to see James'/my new :-) family, too!

Well, this has already gotten pretty long, so I am going to jump into some pictures of the new place. You really have to come see it to get the full greatness of it, but I think that you can get a good idea from the pictures. It really is beautiful and I can't wait to have my Roommate back from the ocean!

Apartment Features:

Photobucket
I love the color of the cabinets and the stove is really cool!

Photobucket
Even with the filtered water :-)

Photobucket
The windows are great for tons of natural light. And I like the wood-like floors!

Photobucket
Very spacious bathroom!

Photobucket
The best kind of shower curtain rod known to man!!

Photobucket
That's the way I like my toilets!

Photobucket
The bedroom, much like the living room, but with carpet.

Parking:

Photobucket
We have assigned parking spaces, which is a necessity in California, I hear. We have the best space in the lot because we have the sidewalk on one side and the garden on the other! It is like private parking!! I think that Captain Ahab (the name stuck to the truck after the journey across) will be very pleased! I know my Dad is, he loves end spaces!

Community Space:

This is one of the really cool parts. For one thing, there are some really great places to hang out. The weather is perfect for cookouts and things like that, so I know we will use the space. The other thing that is really cool is that the patio-type area overlooks the city in a way that you can see the fireworks at SeaWorld every night! How perfect is that?!

Photobucket
Very cool firepit!

Photobucket
One view of the city.

Photobucket
Practically new grills (with cookout tools).

Photobucket
Lounging space...

Photobucket
...with multiple entertainments.

Long Day:

After a very long day of moving, I was very excited to finally be "home". It will take some getting used to, along with a wonderful future husband, but, I think that I am going to be able to hack it out here! I am very ready to have James home and start doing things, and buying things, together. We are finally starting the process of joining our lives the way we joined our hearts over three and a half years ago.

Photobucket
Spontaneous dance party! My favorite hobby.

Photobucket
As I got ready to take a shower, I realized that I didn't have a shower curtain, bummer! So my shower became a bath. It was quite nice, too!

Photobucket
For now, this is how I end my day! I can't wait for the real thing!

I hope that everyone has enjoyed the journey across the US blogging sessions! I will continue to post things that are going on with James and I, so don't worry! It has been quite and adventure and I am ready for more! I love you bunches!

To Sweet James Robert, it is getting closer and I hope that you are ready for all the things that are to come in our lives together! I miss you so much and I am so very ready to have you home and to spoil you rotten! I love you more than Chick-Fil-A! Please be safe and hurry home (to OUR new home).

always,
Jamie

1 comment:

  1. I am so jealous!!! I want to live there!!! Love your new apartment!

    ReplyDelete