Friday, July 17, 2009

The End if Today is the Beginning of Tomorrow.

I can't believe that I am about to move myself to San Diego, California! I honestly never thought that I would make a move like this! I am very excited to get this show on the road though. Kasey and I will be travelling in two cars together all the way to Salt Lake City, Utah. She got a job in Sacramento, CA, which is to the north, so we are going to split up and do the last day on our own. Hopefully, James and I will be up to see her new digs in a couple weeks. If James can get a little time off, we will drive up Route 1 and see Kasey as well as my Aunt Janice and my wonderful friend Katie Rae.

Well, at this point, I am down two weeks of school (one to go). I missed the kids while I was in Myrtle Beach and time seems to be moving pretty quickly now that I am back. During the first week back we got one new little boy and enjoyed getting back into the swing of things with the other kids (we only have about ten this summer). It was fun to be back with my friends and my kids. Because Kasey turned in the keys to our apartment, we are living with Aunt Christa now, so that is very different. She must be a saint for taking us on with all of our stuff thrown all over the place! I have a messy and cosy little room that is perfect for these last three weeks. Kasey finished up her job and is just getting herself ready for the road (she has been taking care of a few things on my list, too, thanks again Kase!).

On Friday night, July 10, Kasey's family (on her dad's side) had a going away dinner for her. I went too, and it was very delicious. They have four little kids and a brand new playset, so we all had a fun time. They have a great house that looks like it came directly out of a Pottery Barn catalog from many angles. I had already been missing my mom, but not to worry, she got into Syracuse on Friday night because of the big family party that the weekend had in store.

July 11, 2009 brought around a great seventies themed party for our family reunion. The reason for the seventies theme... four of my Aunts and Uncles turned seventy this year!! Wow! That is pretty impressive. Here are some pictures of the fun!

Photobucket
Roomies celebrating the spirit!

Photobucket
Looks like Eric was ready for some fun, too!

Photobucket
Rachel used nine boxes of cake to make this work of art! I am definitely bringing her on to make me some kind of beautiful cake! This thing is amazing!

Photobucket
Sisters. Grace, Chelsea, and Rachel. This is a great shot!

Photobucket
One of the seventy-year-olds... not Kasey, but Uncle Bud. He will be 70 on July 29. Kasey made those cool shirts! She rocks!

Photobucket
We had a lot of family come all the way in from Colorado! I love it!

Photobucket
I love my Mom! She is the best!

Photobucket
The birthday folks.

Photobucket
Even the cake was tie-dye!

Photobucket
Look at the boys all grown up! And Ryan is getting married!

Photobucket
Kasey enjoyed one or two cheese balls...

Photobucket
My cousin's little girl! Isn't she the most beautiful thing?!

Monday, July 13, 2009, was nice because we ended up having my goodbye lunch from work and my Mom was still in town so she got to come along. It was really yummy (at Zebb's) and my ladies made me this great picture out of a collage of pictures that the kids did during the school year. It is so precious. I love it! I am going to miss them! After lunch my Mom and I did a few errands, including sending in the application for the apartment that I am hoping James and I will be living in. AND we ordered my wedding dress!!!! Hooray! I am very excited to have ordered it and by the end of the year it will be in! I am so excited!

Photobucket

Photobucket
I love my team!

On Tuesday, July 14, 2009, my little third cousin (from the baby shower blog entry) was born! Little Cayden Edward. He is so sweet and with a head full of hair! I can't wait to meet him. All of my congratulations go to my cousin, Kelly (the new grandma) and Cayden's Mom and Dad, Melissa and Sean!!

On the passed Sunday (the 12th) my sister's mission was supposed to go up to space. Because there was bad weather, it didn't get to go up. The good news is that it went up on Wednesday, July 15, 2009, instead. I am so incredibly proud of Jolyn! I can't believe that in less than a year she is the lead on her mission headed to outerspace! She is brilliant! I love her to pieces. Check out the video of the launch. It was flawless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DNljVcs6Dc

After all of the events of the week, I am exhausted. I have been marking things off my list left and right, but it still feels like the list is never ending. My biggest mission is selling my car. I would really love to be able to get that done before heading out NEXT Saturday (I can't believe it). In good news, James pulled into port again this week. I am so excited to be able to talk to him a little more. I was excited to be able to tell him about the apartment and the plans that I have been making for travelling. I miss him so much and I am so excited to get on the road and get him back!

I wish the world a wonderful weekend!

Be so safe James Robert and hurry your butt home!

always,
Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment