Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Chronicles of Captain Ahab and Captain Crunch: Day 4

Today's itinerary: Good Morning to Wyoming, a little dip into Colorado, back to Wyoming, and on to Utah.

It was completely bittersweet to start the last day of the quest of the Love Boat this morning! Our plan today was a little different than it has been the last couple days. Since we had family so close in LaFayette, Co, we decided to take a little side tour and drive down to say hello. The drive was really beautiful. Kasey has never been to Colorado, so it was a good detour. I have told her multiple times that she needs to take a placement there, I think she will fall in love! We had a delicious breakfast and then headed out with scrumptious lunches that Jude made up for us! Hooray Family! We debated a couple different routes, but ended back onto our original path. I am so glad that we did because we got onto a side road that went right through the mountains and it was beautiful! During that little side tour, I almost peed myself when a bag a chips popped in my back seat!! HA! Gotta love that altitude :-)

Photobucket
I had to get this one for my Dad!

Photobucket
Isn't this beautiful?! A definite worthwhile detour!

Eventually, we got back on 80 and headed towards Utah. Back in Wyoming we had a really beautiful pathway. I am wondering if we went through the middle US at any point, would I be in total awe? This trip has really been amazing. My jaw has been dropped many times!

Photobucket
Woah! I have never seen over 300 miles before! That is pretty good.

Photobucket

Photobucket
We were following that train for a while. It was really cool.

Photobucket
Just gorgeous!

Photobucket
I love a tunnel! Don't worry Mom and Dad, I laid on the horn, just like you would :-)

Photobucket
So, as we were driving along, I had my windows down and I was enjoying nature. All of a sudden, a ginormous gust of wind came along and a rock flew through my open window and pegged me in the HEAD! I can't believe it! Ouch!

Photobucket
Our hotel in Utah. Very neat, too bad they made me park in an alley around back!

Photobucket
Can't complain about that view!

By the end of the day on Tuesday, I was so exhausted that it wasn't even funny! And I have witnesses. When we sat down to eat dinner, I was goofing around with the waiter and he kept taking me seriously. I had to finally say, "I'm sorry, I am just kidding, I am really tired." He was responded by saying, "Oh no! I am the tired one" ... then he looked at me and continued... "well, maybe you're tired, too"... I was like, thanks a lot! After dinner, we headed to the elevator and as we were going up, a guy in the elevator asked how our day was and I said I was tired, he responded with guster "You look tired!" Great! It was true. As soon as I hit the bed, I was out until morning.

As for this trip, I couldn't have asked for a better way to end the time that Kasey and I lived together. Our relationship as close and inseparable friends will never be over, but we both knew that our days as roommates were coming to an end. We had such an incredible journey together and I think that we both grew in so many ways! I am so so proud of Kasey for just taking her life and making that leap on her own! She is going to do so well and have so many great adventures! I am so proud of you, Miss Kasey! I can't wait until we get to get together again! I am excited about all the things that are going to lead up to my wedding next year and having you help me to walk down the aisle! I love you bunches and I miss you already!

Sweet and wonderful Sailor! I am so tremendously excited that we are so close to the next chapter in our lives together. I have not stopped missing you and thinking of you and I can't wait to squeeze you! Be safe and hurry home!

always,
Jamie

1 comment:

  1. well , the jealousy continues . thanks for the bud plant pic . that was funny . the views fantastic . love you kid !!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete