Friday, August 7, 2009

A Very Happy Home After a Very LONG Journey!

I need to start this blog by saying thank you SO much to all the people that supported me over the six months and four days that James was gone! I was very often in crazy internal misery and having some many wonderful and loving people checking in on me and making me smile made it go by much more quickly and successfully. I wouldn't have been able to make it without my friends and family. Thank you all so much. Even when you didn't realize you were helping, you really were!

As for the homecoming and the apartment. Both are great! The homecoming was crazy. I was so nervous, excited, and anxious. My heart was pounding for days before and I thought I was going to be sick. As soon as I got the phone call that said when the boat was coming, I started crying. I continued until SK arrived later in the evening on Tuesday. After some exploring on Wednesday morning Melissa came in as my other backup. For those of you who don't remember, Melissa is the person that intoduced James and I. I called her as soon as I got any details on homecoming and asked her to be here as my support. I knew that I wouldn't be able to do it on my own and I knew she was the right person. SK was getting ready to celebrate her 25th birthday, so she was pretty quick to join the trip as well. I would NOT have made it through without them!!

Let Thursday, August 6, 2009 begin!

Photobucket
Shamu was spreading joy at the event. Melissa and SK thought it was an important photo opportunity :-)

Photobucket
Got their signs ready for action. Melissa made them the night before. Mine went on the door to the apartment.

Photobucket
He made me a submarine! I was the first to ask and then he was making them right and left!

Photobucket
Welcome Home.

Photobucket
Thanks, SK.

Photobucket

We headed out to the pier to get ready for the boat to come in. As soon as we could see it, my stomach pretty much dropped. I was so flustered and ready for this whole thing to be over! I watched the boat come in and then had my head in my hands until James was in my arms. Melissa was in charge of the camera and she rocked!!

Photobucket
On the pier.

Photobucket
The boat is getting tied to the pier!

The only reason that I knew that James was there was when Melissa started screaming his name and holding up the signs. He later said that he was so shocked to see Melissa and SK. He said that it was a great surprise that they would come all this way! They are the best. Thanks guys! I love you!

Photobucket
Once I had him, I did NOT let go!

Photobucket

Photobucket
SOOOO Happy to be together again! I cried my eyes out!

Photobucket
They were so excited, too!

Photobucket
My team. THE BEST!

After we hung out on the pier and waited for the go-ahead to leave, we headed back so that I could show James his new home... OUR new home! It was (and is) an amazing feeling to have him here.

Photobucket
My Mom sent an awesome balloon bouquet and we set it up on the doorknob so that he could get a good welcome!! Thanks so much Mom for thinking of us. We loved them! (The flower, too).

Photobucket
TOGETHER!

Today, Friday, August 7, 2009, we headed out with a couple guys from the boat and their families. We had some truly authentic mexican that was amazing!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
It is SK's birthday! Hooray! Happy Birthday!

Photobucket
Real food. No powdered eggs or milk here!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Everyone.

Photobucket
Mark and his family.

Photobucket
Jared and his family.

Photobucket
James and his family. (:-)

Photobucket
Cool cactus.

Photobucket
James and I hung around and waited for our furniture to arrive. It came and this is what it looked like :-)

We built it and then it was PERFECT!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We finally have a cozy home together and I can't thank everyone enough for all of your support! I love you to pieces!

Sweet Sailor, Welcome HOME!!!

always,
Jamie

2 comments:

  1. AWWWW I am so happy he is finally home!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay!!!! i'm so happy for y'all! welcome home james!!! we miss y'all so much and are so happy we've met such great friends! love y'all! =)

    ReplyDelete