Thursday, August 13, 2009

Sitting on OUR Couch Just Watching a Movie...

I have to say that I am settling in nicely to having James here whenever I want him (which is always!). We have had a blast getting our apartment together! I can't believe that this is our home now! I am loving it!

Melissa and SK stayed through the weekend and headed out at the beginning of this week. We made sure to pack in a lot of adventures throughout the weekend. There was a lot of really good eating, that is for sure!

Saturday morning, James had to go into work. It was actually really hard for me. It is hard for me to adjust to the fact that he is going to be around. Even when he is out of the room I can feel the stress in my chest. I love having him here and I don't want to let him go! Thankfully, he didn't have to work the whole 24 hours. After he got done at work, we headed out to Solana Beach where Melissa and SK were staying. We ate Italian for dinner. It was pretty good, but nothing that I would run back out there for. The dessert was Awesome!

Photobucket
Talk about jumping back into eating chocolate! Heaven!

Photobucket
So pretty! I love my friends!

Photobucket
Sweet Man!

Sunday, we headed back out to Solana Beach and actually went to the beach for the first time. It was super nice. The temperature is perfect here! The craziest thing was that the sun was setting in front of us! How bizarre is that?!?! We successfully hung out on the beach with no sun burn! After the beach, James and I found the big NEX and commisary (HUGE!) and got some grilling out stuff. We used the grill at the complex and it was delish!

Monday SK was heading home. James and I got up and had breakfast before we went to pick Melissa and SK up from the car rental place.

Photobucket
So flippin' sweet!

We had intended on going to Sea World later in the day, but it turned out to be really expensive. Instead we drove around town and scouted a few more things for the apartment. We got a little snack at In-N-Out Burger (which is amazing, by the way) and then got ready for going out with some of James' friends.

Photobucket
Friends!

Photobucket
Perfect couple! So happy together!

Photobucket
The dinner group. Mark had to take the picture...

Photobucket
so he got in this one with the wine.

After dinner we took SK to the airport and then we met the guys back in downtown (The Gaslamp District, as they call it).

Photobucket
Later at the bar. I was the DD. HA! I look drunk, lol.

Photobucket
And again, I didn't have a single drink people!

We had a great time in this bar with live Reggae music. It was a lot of fun! We had our first "better safe than sorry" slumber party when Jared and Mark couldn't drive themselves home, hehe. From what I hear, the new couch is amazing!

On Tuesday morning, after taking Mark and Jared back to their car, we took Melissa out to breakfast. We went to this place called the Naked Cafe. It turned out to be a kind of natural good for you food restaurant. James got a little scared and wanted to go to iHop, but I told him that we were trying new things so he stuck it out :-) It was AMAZING!

Photobucket
The most incredible breakfast quesadilla!

Photobucket
Love this!

Photobucket
Do try the pancakes :-)

Photobucket
Completely happy!

Melissa headed back to Charlotte and James and I are here. We are just us now. It is so funny to have him back! I am still getting used to it. This feels like a vacation. I am loving every single minute! The next visit on our schedule is Jolyn at the beginning of September! WOOHOO!!

Jo: hurry up! We can't wait to see you!

Anyone else coming to visit? Let us know.

always,
Jamie

1 comment:

  1. You are in the land of Pink Berry and you have James back. I'm slightly jealous, to say the least. :)

    We need to plan our visits so that you two come here and then I can fly back with you to San Diego for a week or so! That's going to be a loooong flight.

    ReplyDelete