Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Story of my Life...

So, I would love to be able to say that Monday was a crazy day and I was terribly busy and ended up forgetting to do my blog, but the story goes a little more like this, I was watching TV and I forgot to write my blog, lol. I realized this morning that I didn't do it last night! Oops. So here I am on Tuesday checking in.

Last Tuesday was a regular Tuesday. Teaching was fine, thankfully nothing too out of the ordinary happened and then my Sign Language class was good, too. We had a presentation, which went well, and then we learned about our next project. I am super excited about the final assignment. We have to tell a children's story entirely in Sign Language. My story is The Three Little Bears and it is going to be so much fun! I am going to tell the story at school once I learn it, and I think the kids are going to love it! After all the work for the day was done... it was St. Patrick's Day!! Woohoo. We headed over to Coppertop to see my cousin Jack and his kids do some great performing and to eat some good food. It was a great time!

Photobucket
Roomies in green!

Photobucket
How about delicious!!

Photobucket
Mother and daughter!

Photobucket
Some more mother and daughter! I love family time!

Photobucket
Precious!

Photobucket
Just a hint of green for St. Pat :-)

Photobucket
They are just amazing! So much fun.

Photobucket
The whole crew.

Tuesday was a lot of fun. Wednesday at Jowonio was business as usual. The curveball came in the fact that I had to teach at SU. I can safely say that I do not see being a college professor as part of my future! It went pretty well though. There are some really good students in the class, but there are some people in the class that I do not understand. I can't complain too much though. I have had a lot of great experiences here in Syracuse, and teaching college students is definitely one of them. The best part of Wednesday was discovering PiYo. PiYo is pretty much a combination of pilates and yoga and it is amazing! It is both relaxing and intense at the same time, if that is possible. I am super excited about keeping it up every week! I had Zumba, too, so it was an evening of great exercise!

Thursday was a normal day, other than the pain of the backlash of PiYo and Zumba combined. I took James' car in to get it checked out, so that it will be in top shape when he gets home. It went well. The people at my new car place are great. They are really nice guys and helpful, too. It took a while, but I used that time to read articles that I really needed to read. James was very happy that the noise wasn't too expensive to fix! Friday was a pretty regular day, too. Kasey and I went to Zumba and she so enjoyed my spirit for PiYo that she got me my very own pink yoga mat! SOO exciting!! On Saturday morning, I was able to get Kasey out of bed early and she accompanied me to the Saturday morning PiYo class. It was great. I really do love it! Saturday and Sunday were days of paperwork! I did tons or research and writing and accomplished some great stuff. I managed a first draft of my thesis lit. review (21 pages) and I finished the first draft of my report for Jowonio. I have to say that it was an impressive weekend for work!

I guess that the best parts of my week were the multiple times that I have gotten to talk to James. He is so far away, but sometimes he feel so close! I miss him so much. I know it has been a tease that I have gotten to talk to him every day that he doesn't have duty for over a week! Hearing his voice makes me feel so safe and melts away all my stresses. We have had time to talk about the wedding more and that has been great! I cannot wait to marry that boy! He is my perfect match, undoubtably! He send his love to everyone every time we get ready to get off the phone. I know he misses all of his family and friends a lot. Once he heads back out, I know he would love to get emails from people other than me, so let me know if you want his address.

For now, I think I am signing off. Tomorrow is the March Follies (a song and dance show with all the Jowonio kids). Our dance is so flippin' cute! I hope that I am able to get some pictures or maybe some video!

I hope that Wednesday brings lots of smiles and happiness to you all! I miss you and I am looking forward to another week.

Be safe sailor of mine and please hurry home to me!

always,
Jamie

PS I just got my spring break plane tickets and I am headed with extreme pleasure to Houston and Charlotte!! Woot woot!! I can't wait to see my sister and my friends!

1 comment:

  1. woohoo! i hope you have fun with your spring trips! what was wrong with james' car? sounds like you had a very successful weekend! i'm impressed. i'm so glad you've been able to talk to james all week! tell him we said hi please ma'am! we miss y'all both! :)

    ReplyDelete