Monday, March 2, 2009

"Love is an irresistable desire to be irresistably desired" -Robert Frost

Let us see. This has been quite the interesting week here in Syracuse! It started on Tuesday when both Jed and Andrea (two of the five teachers in my classroom) were out and we had two subs that were not exactly up to par related to the children. It was my day to lead, so I had to coordinate everything. I made it through the day and so did all the kids, so I can't complain too much. It turned out all right because Kasey did this very dangerous thing... she introduced me to the Vanilla Frosty from Wendy's!! Now, when I originally heard about the Vanilla Frosty, I was not interested! Oh, how wrong I was! It is totally delicious! I would happily suggest that you try it! Also, in good news, I emailed the professor that I work with to see if I could leave class early in case James called on Wednesday. Much to my very excited surprise, she told me that she wouldn't need me in class and I could just head home and wait for James' call after work! How sweet is that?! I was very touched by the gesture!

On Wednesday morning, I went to school with my phone by my side... actually, I can't lie, my phone didn't leave my side from the time I knew James might be on land. Anyway, towards the end of the day my phone started vibrating in my pocket and I looked at it and saw that it was a strange 990 number. I jumped right up and looked at Tina (who knew that I was waiting, everyone did) and I was like "Oow can I take this?!" Tina, of course, said to get it and as I tried not to hurt myself getting out of the room, she kept yelling "Answer it, answer it." I was just trying to get away from the kids first, lol. When I came back into the room to tell them that I was going to head out, it was the best to see how excited all the other teachers were (Tina, Andrea, and Jed). They had the biggests smiles and were so happy that I was talking to James. They were even yelling "Hi, James" into the phone! They have never even met him and it was like it was their own family! It was really sweet. James and I got to talk for a really long time. It was so great. I miss him so much. Hearing his voice made me feel so good. I wish that I could explain it, but I guess you would really have to be me to get it, I think. The way he talks to me makes me feel like I am the only person in the world. I know that he misses me, but when he says that he misses me, I completely melt... there is nothing like being loved by him. Anyway, I digress, I am sure what you really want to know is what he is up to. He sounded really good. He sounded tired, but good. He had to work while he was there, but he got some free time and did get to tour around Greece and eat some Greek food. The main place he was telling me about was this place called Knossos. From what I found online, it is an incredible place to see in person and very historic. Here are some pictures...

Photobucket
He was in Crete.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It looks really cool in the pictures. I am glad that he got to have some time to explore. Getting to talk to him filled my heart up. I love him and having that boost made the days a little lighter. My Wednesday didn't end there though. It was Ash Wednesday, so I went to church and then flew over to Zumba. Kasey and I had our weekly Mexican (for whatever reason, we have had Mexican food for the last three or four Wed.s... who knows?!?). The end of my evening was getting my plane ticket to head over to Nashville to see Justin's fight. Justin is James' younger brother. He is very much into MMA fighting. This will be his first real amateur fight!

Now, I knew that Justin was going to be excited about my coming to the fight to represent James and myself, but the extent of his excitement was a bit of a shock to me! It did make me even more excited though. I think that it's going to be a lot of fun! I know it will. You will see pictures of that in a couple weeks... look forward to it!!

I don't have much to report on Thursday, but I do need to take a moment to appreciate the small things in life. I was headed into Heids hot dog place and there was this kids and, what looked to be, his Grandma up ahead of me. He was probably about 13 years-old and he had blue hair. However, he preciously held the door open for his Grandma and then spotted me and waited until I got across the parking lot and he held the door for me, too. It was extra sweet for a kid with blue hair! He had to wait a good 20 seconds for me to get to the door. Sweet kid.

Friday, Kasey and I headed over to The Clam Bar for the first Friday of Lent, no meat Fridays. It was quite delicious. I had already given up chocolate the day James left, so I added candy on to that and will be busy praying and thinking about James when I feel the desire for chocolate or candy. Anyways, the food was super good and I had some pretty good company, too. Gotta love that Roomie!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
That was on the ceiling... someone forgot to tell him the no meat rule :-)

Later, Kasey and I headed to the Palace Theater and saw Milk. We figured after all the awards that it won, it might be worth it. Plus the Palace is much cheaper than the regular theater, so it was worth it. The movie was really good. If you are going to see it, you might want to bring tissues. It was super sad, but it really made a statement. I liked it a lot.

Photobucket

You will be super surprised to know that the rest of my weekend was pretty uneventful. I spent some time doing homework because I am going to be really busy for the rest of... March, pretty much. I am excited about the stuff coming up, but it was very nice to just hang out. I went to Max's on Sunday and had Sunday family dinner at Aunt Christa's. That about covers it. I am a pretty busy kind of lady, I guess. I can't complain.

I can't believe that it is Monday already. This week went by pretty quickly, and I think that was due to the bonus phone calls that I got this week! I hope that each of you reading this has an absolutely wonderful week! One of these weekends I am going to have to take some time to sleep :-)

I love you Sweet Sailor, Be safe and Please Hurry Home!

always,
Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment