Monday, March 9, 2009

Driving in my Car, Driving Far, I'm a Movie Star...

I thought that this week went by quickly, but it seems like it has been forever since last Monday! I remember sitting in my Monday meeting last week with Emily (who doesn't normally attend our meetings). She suddenly noticed that I was engaged and yelled out "Oh my God, is that new (meaning the ring)? It is absolutely gorgeous! Who exactly are you marrying an Esquire? A Kennedy? So beautiful!" Hehe. It was pretty funny. James did do quite the nice job picking out this ring!! I can't wait to show his family this up-coming weekend!


Nothing terribly exciting happened during the bulk of this week. On Tuesday, school got a little crazy, but that seems to be the new norm for Tuesdays. I got a 97 on my Sign Language mid-term. That was good news. And, on Tuesday night, there was an additional Zumba class! That was great news! Fun exercise is the best! Wednesday was pretty funny because we read this book The Paper Bag Princess. In the story, there is a dragon that burned down the princesses house and stole her prince and she had to save him. Well, when she got there, the prince was being a snob and looked at her all dirty and said, "Look at you, you are all dirty. You smell like ash". A child of three or four should not find the humor in the phrase "you smell like ash" that I find, but this one little girl took a huge gasp and looked at me and said "She can't talk like that in school" about Tina, the teacher that was reading the book! I thought I might pee my pants! I wish that Bill Cosby would have been there with his Kids Say the Darndest Things... or at least Funniest Home Videos! Wednesday finished normally with Zumba and a little bonus, I got an email from Stan the Man (a friend of James' that I happen to love). The email was great. He told me of his escapades of drinking in Greece and how he gave up drinking for a few minutes, until the hangover went away, and started planning what he would drink next! He is a hoot!

The real fun started on Friday afternoon. Kasey and I had to go get James' car from CT! Claire and Brad had been taking care of it for us for the last couple of weeks! Some time after I got out of work, Kasey and I hit the open road for a five-hour trip!

Photobucket
Ready to rock. She is the best!

We got in to town a little bit later than I had planned to, but that is okay because it ended up that a few people were able to get to together for some dinner. Claire even found us a place where we could not eat meat since it was a Friday in Lent. I wish that everyone could have made it out, but it was a quick visit. I hope to get back to the area for a full weekend! James and I had some of the greatest times with some great people over there! I miss them all!!

Photobucket
I share your enthusiasm PJ!

It seemed like just as we got there, Kasey and I were pulling out! We got up pretty early on Saturday morning to head back to Syracuse! Kasey did me the great favor of driving James' car back while I drove my car. It was quite the successful trip.

Photobucket
Thanks a million Claire and Brad! (Even through all the snow! You two saved the day!)

Photobucket
Is Kasey getting regular gas? She wouldn't!

Photobucket
Thank God! James would not have been pleased :-)

We didn't have a single problem on our way home... other than my bladder :-) We made a couple stops for gas and food and the potty. We rushed home because we wanted to make it to Aunt Therese's Pampered Chef Party! We made it in time and it turns out that they have some great stuff for the kitchen. I even got a few things for James and my future home!

Photobucket
The hostess. She made a yummy pizza as a sample.

Photobucket
Aunt Therese and me. Did you know that for 24 years I thought her name was Aunt TheresA! I can't believe it!

Photobucket
For those of you who have seen Aunt Therese's house, can you believe the new stairs!! I LOVE it. There is a new bedroom upstairs and everything! It's great.

Sunday was pretty much a normal Sunday. I went to church, to the gym, and to Sunday Supper at Aunt Christa's. I did not want to get up this morning! I have to say that the current time change was not my favorite! I am tired already and it is only 8pm! Yikes.

Going to CT this weekend was so much fun, but it was certainly hard to go out there without James. I was glad that Kasey was able to drive James' car back because I think that would have been really hard for me. I have been peeking out at his car every chance that I have gotten since we got it back here. I miss him so much. I know that having his car here is one step closer to our living together, so I have that to lift my spirits. Every time that I hear from him I get a little brighter, but I know a piece of my heart will be missing until I have him home again.

I wish you all the brightest blessings for a great week!

Be safe Sweet Sailor and hurry home!

always,
Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment