Tuesday, February 3, 2009

And so it begins...

Photobucket

Most of you probably know that James left for his deployment. We spent the last five days together and had the most incredible time! We really didn't do a whole lot to report, but we were together. We laughed and smiled tons and James even managaed a bit of time off. After this deployment his boat is being restationed, so there was a lot of work to be done before he left, and that is pretty much what we did. We cleaned and packed and did paperwork. We celebrated the amazing people that we have gotten so close to over the two years that James has been stationed in Groton. It felt like the group was "breaking up". Some people went on the deployment, some people are out completely, and some people have since changed boats and won't be moving with us. I can't believe that James and I are finally at the point where we are going to live together. We have to get through this (and we will) and then TOGETHER. Finally. I have spent a lot of the last 24 hours looking at my engagement ring and smiling knowing that I have hit the jackpot with this man. I am going to love him with all of my heart for the rest of my life. I am so blessed. I already miss him tremendously... even when I didn't get to see him because of the distance, hearing his voice was (and is) always the most relaxing and simply happy part of my day. He is my everything and I hope that you will send out your prayers to take care of him and his friends.

Photobucket
Classic!

I am very excited about starting this blog. I plan to update around once per week. But, if something interesting comes up or if I hear from James, I will update immediately, so that everyone knows what is up. The other bonus is that when James comes home he will be able to get online and read this and know what kinds of shenanigans I got into while he was gone and he will be able to see more pictures and so on. Plus, if people leave comments, he will be able to read them, too. All around, this seemed like a perfect way to channel information and keep a record of everything.

James Robert Pennington is my absolute hero. He is driven and dedicated, he is smart and has the most insane and hilarious sense of humor. He can make me smile without saying a word, without even being in the same country. He would do anything for me and I would do anything for him. I love him with all of my heart and soul and certainly have a missing piece without him.

Be safe, Baby, and hurry home.

Love always,
Me

Photobucket
They will always be roomies to me!

2 comments:

  1. hey kid , the carquest guys are all over this deal !!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's right, all the Carquest guys!!!!
    Seee ya next time sweetie,
    Uncle Reed

    ReplyDelete