Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A Middle of the Night Phone Call

I thought that I would save the Monday blog for Tuesday because I knew that today would be a big day. Last week was pretty normal at work. There wasn't a whole lot that I need to report. I can't believe that we are almost at the end of the school year at Jowonio. I have less than two weeks until kid graduation! On Friday, I came home from work to find that all of the furniture was gone from the apartment! Over to storage it went. It seems so crazy that I am really getting to this point. I have some crazy feelings about the whole thing. I am scared and excited about driving across the country to my new home. I am very glad that Kasey will be my very own caravan companion for the trip! I am more ready than you could imagine to live in the same city as James Robert. I am completely over the long-distance at this point!

On Saturday, I was so excited to go to the Taste of Syracuse Festival and then I woke up with a ridiculous migraine-type headache. I spent pretty much the entire day in bed. I was so sad, too. I felt a little better toward the end of the day and went to Aunt Christa's for dinner. Sunday, I felt better and so I did some more packing. I brought another load over to the storage unit. The last thing that I really need to figure out is all of my clothes.

Monday, was a normal day. I took the day off today (Tuesday) because I knew that I would be defending my thesis this afternoon. I went to bed early on Monday night to get a good night sleep in preparation... who would have thought I would be getting a middle of the night phone call from my sweet and precious sailor! I couldn't believe it. My phone started ringing around 4:15 AM, I was utterly confused, ha! It was so wonderful to hear his voice. So much for a good nights' sleep, if there was any reason not to sleep the night before my Master's Thesis defense, that was it!! I miss that boy so much. It was a great surprise. Sadly, he had duty today, so I didn't get to talk to him at a decent hour yet.

And for the defense, I was so very nervous. I thought I might throw up! When the committee came in, the first thing they did was ask me to leave so they could discuss some things! What?!? I didn't even say anything yet! That helped to build the nerves even more. I ran through my entire presentation and the committee asked me some very tough questions. I answered everything as best as I could and then I had to leave again, so they could make some final decisions. After a little more pressure, my mentor came out and gave me a big smile and a big hug and said Congratulations! So, that is it! I officially have my Master's degree now! I am so excited and proud of myself!

I am sorry that I left you again with a blog with no pictures. I did look pretty spiffy today, but I didn't have anyone to take my picture! Oh well. Hopefully, I will have more pictures in the next couple of weeks. For now, I am going to wait to get my phone call. I am so blessed to have the life that I have and I am thankful for each and every person that is in my life! Thank you to all of you who have supported my over the last two years to make it to this point. I worked hard and I am very proud of the work that I did at SU, but I couldn't have done it without you! I must especially thank Kasey for getting my through hard days and harder nights without even knowing that she was doing it. Just having someone close that cares sometimes makes a hard thing a little easier. There are plenty of times where I probably wouldn't have been able to eat without Kasey, so I owe a lot to her. My parents are high on the list of my biggest fans as well. There are times when my Mom and Dad believe in me far more than I do and those times of encouragement are a huge blessing to me. I love you, I love you all!

I wish you the most beautiful week full of smiles and laughter. I hope for you sunshine, and if it doesn't shine, I wish you other blessings to brighten your day.

Sweet Sailor, please be so safe and hurry back home to me. I hope that you are able to enjoy some free time and relaxation in port. I will be thinking of you every minute and I will be relishing every time I get to talk to you. I love you more than anything! And I miss you!!

always,
Jamie

2 comments:

  1. congratulations , you cute little graduate

    ReplyDelete
  2. We helped each other, God knows I would not have the courage to do what I am about to do if I did not have you here these past two years, so back atcha!

    LOVE YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete